Monday, December 14, 2020

Log 17

 Zina: I finished memorizing all 118 Elements on the Periodic Table!!! My mom and I looked at the elements after that, but they are still theoretical elements so we decided to stop there. I can say all of them in 2 min and 9 sec. I did it even faster than my mom. Next week we are going to start learning the Countries and their capitals.

Clyde: I memorized all the elements on the Periodic table. My mom gave me $10 for learning them all. I had to say them every day for 5 days and got $2 each day. Now I have Christmas money! I got an app called Simple Physics and I have to try to create supports to hold loads for different structures while staying within budget for the materials. It is really hard. So far I have only passed the treehouse and the snowy roof. It was interesting that after trying several designs with 20 or more supports the one that worked best for the roof only used 4 supports.

Ammon: I got $10 for memorizing all the elements. I watched the Who Was Show and it was cool when they talked about Marie Curie because she discovered Radium and Polonium and I recognized those from the Periodic Table. I also recognized that their is an element called Curium. It is named after her, but was discovered by several scientists at Berkeley University. One of the scientists was named Seaborghium. That was cool because there is an element called Seaborghium and one called Berkelium! It is interesting to find out how they got their names. 

Eli: I memorized all the elements and surprised my mom because she didn't think I was paying attention when the older kids were learning them. At the dentist I didn't want them to touch my teeth, but then when they said they were going to put fluoride on them I let them because Fluorine is one of the elements and I thought that was pretty cool. I like to play a game where my mom says an element and we all race to see who can say the one before and after it the fastest. I worked on my 6 times tables this week.

We went on a drive and saw really cool Christmas lights. One house had tons of lights and they flashed to the music on a certain radio station. Gabe loves Zina's slippery blanket. It is his favorite to snuggle with. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Jacob & Rachel Hanks

Jacob & Rachel Hanks