Saturday, May 1, 2021

Log 37

 Zina: I played Math Prodigy this week with my brothers. My friend and I picked dandelions and I learned how to make dandelion daisy chains. I worked on my book. I played 4 rounds of rummikub with my parents. I won once and my dad won 3 times in a row.



Clyde: I made a robotic hand from cardboard and string. The part that I am having trouble with is getting the fingers to stand back up after pulling them down. When the cardboard bends it doesn't easily go back. I think if I added some kind of elastics to the backs it would work better. I think I would also need a stronger cardboard to counteract it. 

We went to Cross E Ranch. I liked the "Rat Roller" My little brothers were too light to get it to move easily so I helped them push it. The best way to get it to roll was to run on your hands and feet like a rat.




Ammon: I used a you tube tutorial to make a cardboard robot hand. We didn't have disposable straws so I used rubber tubing to run the strings through. I couldn't get the thumb too move though. I think that the hand I made was smaller than the one on the tutorial so the tubes were closer together and made it harder for the string to move. 

I went to Baby Animal Days at Cross E Ranch. I got to bring my friend Emmie Gilbert with me and we had lots of fun. I did the climbing tower and got about halfway up when I decided to come back down. When I tried to come down the rope didn't move. It turns out that you have to weigh at least 50 lbs to do the tower because that is the minimum weight to pull down on the ropes so they will go back to the bottom. They had to get another rope and tie it on and have someone pull me down. 

I really liked the baby goats and the bunnies.




Eli: I got to see the Tulip Fields at Cross E Ranch. They have about 250,000 flowers planted. It was interesting to learn that the tulips are stunted this year because the winter was too warm and they didn't get enough water. It is a problem with tulips all over the country this year. I really liked the smell of the tulips. 

I liked playing with the baby goats. My little brother Thor really wanted to feed the goats, but we didn't have any quarters to buy food so my mom let Thor hold her hair out to the goat and it nibbled on her hair and Thor was really happy. It was funny. 

I practiced my 9 times tables. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Jacob & Rachel Hanks

Jacob & Rachel Hanks