Zina: I attended a week long Nature Day camp with our co-op. I learned how to light a fire without matches. We used a magnifying class & flint & steel. I learned how to nature journal.
Clyde: At Nature Camp I liked looking at leaves and moss through a handheld microscope. The moss looked like regular grass when it was magnified. I played prodigy. I started at the beginning level and it quickly got harder. I worked on perimeters and calculating perimeter of a rectangle with just two side lengths.
Ammon: At Coyote Camp we learned to identify some birds by sight and by their call. My favorite were the shrub jays. We saw lots of animal tracks and it was fun to try to identify them. I also made a keychain from wooden beads and a feather. I played prodigy for math.
Eli: I liked looking at the moss at Woodland park. I learned that moss can grown on almost anything. We saw lots of moss growing on sticks. I liked doing Sit Spot where you just sit in nature and observe with nothing to distract you. Our group found a bat. We were careful not to touch it, but we used sticks to turn it over and stretch out it's wings. It was really interesting to look at.
I played Prodigy with Clyde.
Thor & Gabe: All the kids ages 4 & under whose mom's were helping with Coyote Camp attended Pup Camp at the home of one of the mom's in AIM. Courtney & I volunteered to help there all week. We had so much fun. We dug in the ground and looked for bugs and worms, played in a ditch with water. We went on nature walks, fed goats, ponies, and horses, and played on the swings and trampolines. They played with ice cubes, flowers, rocks, sticks, and beads. Every morning Thor would wake up super excited to go to "Pump camp!" Thor loved creating "masterpiece's" with his snacks.





















Wow, that looks like so much fun!
ReplyDelete